Chpter 7: Hit the Bankruptcy Reset Button on Your Finances
Many people resist filing for bankruptcy because of a responsibility to their debtors. For this reason, people will sell everything and struggle every month to balance debts that they simply cannot afford. We tell our clients to remember that they also have a responsibility to their families. Call to discuss the possibility of debt relief, before exhausting your assets and/or retirement funds.
At Bellenot & Boufford, LLC, we can help you hit the reset button on your finances through Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Chapter 7 bankruptcy can help you eliminate excessive debt and start over.
Find a Solution to Your Debt Problems
If you do not bring in enough income every month to cover your debts and expenses, you are facing insurmountable debt. You do not need to beat yourself up over your financial struggles; you need a solution. In most cases, the people seeking bankruptcy assistance are good people. Unforeseen circumstances can impact anyone and lead to serious debt problems.
- Police officers
Chapter 7 Allows You to Retain More of Your Assets Than You Might Think
Many people are scared of Chapter 7 bankruptcy because they think they will lose most of their possessions and assets. This is not always the case, however, and most people retain most or all of their assets. Some things you should know about Chapter 7:
- Pension and retirement plans are usually protected from the bankruptcy process, so it is important that you do not liquidate these accounts to pay off your debts before filing for bankruptcy.
- Many other assets are exempted from the bankruptcy process, so it is important to talk with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer before transferring or liquidating any assets.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy could give you the chance to eliminate credit card debt, medical debt and other forms of debt and obtain a fresh start for your financial future.
- Through patient and responsible borrowing over a period of time, you will be able to rebuild your credit.
Our Newtown lawyers have more than 50 years of combined experience helping Connecticut clients obtain debt relief and find a fresh start in their finances.
Contact Our Debt Relief Lawyers for a Free and Meaningful Phone Consultation
We want you to have the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have some answers to your financial woes. We offer free initial phone consultations, so you can speak with a lawyer about your bankruptcy rights and options. call 203-304-9050 or contact us online to learn more.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Chapter 7 Articles of Interest
- Am I Eligible For Personal Bankruptcy?
- Bankruptcy Discharge – What Debts are Relieved And What Are Not
- Bankruptcy: Obligation To Pay Your Debt Vs. Obligation To Provide A Better Quality Of Life For Your Family?
- What Is Wage Garnishment And How To Stop It
- Why You Should Care About Your Credit Report & Debt Control!
- 4 Financial Mistakes People Make
- True Or False? … Bankruptcy Will Ruin My Credit Forever! Or At Least 7-10 Years
- When To File For Bankruptcy?
- Traits Of A Great Bankruptcy Lawyer
- Credit Counseling & Debt Consolidation
- Is Your Retirement Account Protected In Bankruptcy?
- Which Bankruptcy Is Best For You?
- What is a Short Sale?
- Financial Concerns? We can help
- Credit Crisis – What to do?