When you are in an accident caused by the negligence of another emotions run high. There are some things that you can do to help protect your claim or potential claim.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not think that you are injured, be evaluated. Adrenaline and stress can mask an injury. Many times someone in an accident doesn’t feel the effects of an injury for days. Your personal wellbeing is more important than a law suit, so please be checked out.
- Gather information if possible, but NOT at the sake of medical attention. Call the police. Even if the accident appears minor. It will help with insurance claims. Take pictures. Collect the names and contact information of witnesses. Get the negligent person’s insurance information if possible.
- Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible, but call an attorney first just in case.
- Contact an attorney after seeking medical attention. You will be called by insurance companies, police and maybe others. You need to know what, if any, information to provide and how.
- Keep a daily log of how your injuries impact your daily life. A calendar is a great way to do this. Bellenot & Boufford can help you get started.
Attorney Bellenot’s more than 25 years of experience will help protect and maximize your claim.